Friday, September 23, 2011

How can I hack in and take the blood out of Blizzard Entertainments' StarCraft?

I have some friends I would like to show Blizzard Entertainment's STARCRAFT to, but they are not allowed to play games with blood.


Would there be any way of hacking into the game and cutting out all the blood (and, if possible, the bad language)?





Any solutions appreciated. :)|||I once stumbled upon a game engine in sourceforge, that advertised itself as an engine, that could run starcraft. It had screenshots with various starcraft units. I think you can ( with a lot of work ) create the thing you want, but it might be easier just to teach your friend or your friends mother to ignore the blood and turn off the sound effects at all :) That gives the opportunity to play the best real time strategy game of all time.





-Edit- I just wanted to mention (because of an another answer), that in my country, for example, the hacking mentioned in here, is not illegal, it is even mentioned as allowed in the law.|||the blood would be very tough because it is part of the script. I dont know how to do it, but I would not suggest trying because it could mess up the game. The swearing should be remedied by going into options and turning of unit responses. If they dont have an option for that, just turn down the volume on unit voices.|||Well not HACKING cause that will violate the EULA and get you banned.





There are some experienced scripts out there that more then likely will change a few things, however I am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment