Friday, September 23, 2011

The 2011 Blizzard and the Egypt crisis are on all news constantly. Why is the Australian Cyclone Yasi Ignored?

I live in Chicago and I am sick of the Blizzard coverage. I see on the major networks coverage of Egypt re-ran hour after hour. Why is the Cyclone, which is the most powerful in about 100 years ignored?|||SERIOUSLY!!! I was wondering the same thing! I have a good friend in Australia and I haven't heard from her in days, so I am very worried, but I have yet to hear anything about it in the news.





The cyclone stretched from PA to NM wide and from TX to the Canadian border high. You'd think that a storm system the size of the US would be more news worthy. I guess not. It was the most powerful storm in their history.





I'd also love to know why they're not covering about the bizarre, extreme weather we've been having in general...not just the blizzard...I only heard once on Frontline on PBS about 2010 being the warmest year ever recorded. If you want to get some real news coverage, then see if you can get Frontline.|||-It's not being Ignored... -I've been following all 3 of these Events the past few days; %26amp; have even been Listening to Live, Online News reports out of Australia- AS Yasi was making Landfall in the middle of the Night !! :) The Reality IS; Yasi hit a relatively Unpopulated ( less than 200,000 ) stretch of the NEastern Australian Coast , where Cyclones are Common- %26amp; people are prepared. The Blizzard AND the Crisis are affecting a LOT more People.... -And most of THOSE are freaking out about it because it's something out of the Ordinary...! :)|||I am amazed in America they haven't covered the Australian cyclone. In Britain we've be well informed on the situation in Australia, America and anywhere else that has had problems with weather etc

No comments:

Post a Comment