Friday, September 23, 2011

Does anyone remember the Ice Storm of 1976 that was the prelude to the Blizzard of 1977?

I remember the Ice Storm was before December 1976, because we moved to a new section of West Seneca on December 6, 1976. My father had to hire a backhoe to clear the ice out of our new driveway on Pellman Place. Then the Blizzard hit on January 28, 1977.|||Both those atrocious weather systems crossed the Atlantic and created havoc here in the UK. I remember it well. Your recent bad weather has also hit us badly. It's one US export we can do without!|||Don't remember the ice storm but man do I remember the blizzard. I got an immense amount of terrific shots of the city throughout the night and into the day. It was an exhausting photographic marathon but it was worth it.|||I remember the ice storm, or rather, I remember moving into a hotel with my family for a few days because of the ice storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment